Skip to main content

Prologue

     A perfect stranger once told me "Attempting the perfectionist road is just a way to place little obstacles to keep yourself from doing what you should do." 


Maybe.

Maybe, I am just a little girl with a big mouth and small hands, who would never be able to change anything in this world.  
But maybe, maybe I could be that woman who will bless the world. 
So here I am giving what I can give right here.
Right now, to do my part in initializing the change I WANT TO SEE.


     I have been living in Saudi for a year. I have to say that it was more of an eye-opener than I have expected it to be. I am a trained scientist, with a solid background in psychology and I would be lying if I said that till now My Life in Saudi has been nothing but a big SOCIAL EXPERIMENT. 
     No need to take it in an offensive, snoopy way better take it as an educational experience.  
    
I love this country. 
I love its people. 
I love everything it represents, and I love all the possibilities that it could hold.

     Many would not approve of my feelings.  And many more have probably never experienced them before. But why?  
Have we considered that the problem is in us?
Have we acknowledged that the problem is not in him, her or them but in US?
Why do we always keep forgetting that we -ALL OF US - make this society?  That our individual actions only get amplified and reflected on OUR SOCIETY? 
Why do we criticize others before looking at a mirror? 
WHY DON'T WE BECOME THE CHANGE WE WANT -WE NEED- TO SEE?

Have you ever wondered why Somebody didn't do something about "that", and then realized that you are that SOMEBODY?


     This could be the start of something different.  This could be the start of something bigger than just me and you.  This will be a journey that would change Me, and it would pleasure me if it changed you with me dear.

With love, 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strength Under Different Veils

      The other day I was talking to a friend who is really very beautiful and she was saying that she really hates it when "disgusting" men stare at her face in the hospital and how she is considering to cover it solely for that reason.     Yesterday I was talking to another friend who was bothered by the mannerism some men speak to her addressing her by "hey" and " يا مرا ".     A girl was walking in front of me and the door was lodged and she spent a few seconds "trying" repeatedly and gently to open it, until my friend leaned forward and forcefully opened it on first attempt for her.     A girl in our class so cute so pretty and I'd actually like her or be her friend if she didn't walk around like she is made of glass that's about to be broken.     Yesterday a girl was examining the patient and I didn't even notice her until the doctor said your examination technique is excellent when God knows ...

CHANGE

Societies develop and grow by virtue of the change that the human civilization in general goes through.  For so long, we have been so apprehensive towards this "natural" process of change,  out of fear that we might lose the essence of who we are. We are an Arabic Islamic society,  and we cherish that. It is deeply rooted in our being -and living- it scares us to ever give it away. But we won't give it away. We cannot give it away. Because it is who we are, any -positive- change regardless of how gruesome it is won't take that away from us. The way I see it, the world was developing, growing, and changing while we were right here "stuck" fighting the change so we don't jeopardise our values, not realizing that by doing so we are losing the coherence of our -modern- culture. It wasn't until recently that we started realizing that this attitude is not helping us anymore. It wasn't until recently that we realized that the change is not bad, a...

In Memory of Our Wasted Youth

Eve r notice d ho w al l thos e bi g fight s ar e lef t hangin g no t becaus e w e don' t car e, bu t becaus e everyon e i s bus y fightin g th e littl e fight s i n hop e tha t someda y they'l l ad d u p t o somethin g.      Hone y, wak e u p.      Lo ok a t th e year s behin d u s an d realiz e tha t tim e i s onl y dimmin g th e fir e tha t wa s onc e burnin g insid e, an d no w we 're jus t collectivel y acclimate d t o havin g ou r fles h shed . - Th e me n tha t use d t o bur n over our bloo d spillin g.